1. Introduction #
Floatchat now offers the Template Message node, which allows customers to easily set up templates for various purposes in their chatbot flows. These templates can be used for sending template messages, broadcasting messages using Path type, or triggering specific paths through the Broadcast API in accordance with custom logic.
2. Availability #
The Template Message node is available to customers who have deployed their chatbots on WhatsApp and have chosen 360dialog as their provider.
3. Setting up the Template Message Node #
To set up the Template Message node, follow these steps:
1. Select the desired template from the available options. Only approved templates from your 360dialog account will be visible. You can log in to your 360dialog account to create or check the approval status of templates.
2. Upload any required documents or media and provide attribute values for the parameters. If you are using attributes, ensure that the attribute values are accessible to the user within the chatbot flow.
3. If quick reply buttons are available in the template, select the path to be triggered or the attribute to be set when the button is clicked.
4. To test the template, click on the ‘Test Template’ button and enter a WhatsApp number. Note that only existing WhatsApp numbers can be used for testing.
5. Once you are satisfied with the template, click on ‘Send’ to send the template message. Please be aware that attribute values might not be initialized during template testing. If everything is working as expected, click on ‘Save’ to save the node.
Note: It’s important to remember that all template messages within the chatbot flow, broadcasts, or test templates are subject to WhatsApp pricing and agreement.