1. Introduction #
This feature enables you to create a template message on Floatchat and request approval before sending it to users. These template messages can be used for notifications or when a significant amount of time has passed since the customer’s last message. WhatsApp reviews each template to prevent spam and ensure compliance with their API guidelines. When creating your template, it’s important to make it easy to understand, avoid promotional or spam-like content, maintain proper formatting, use relevant template names, and align the context with previous conversations. You can categorize your template as Transactional, Marketing, or One-time password to provide better context.
2. Setup #
To access the template message feature, you need to deploy your bot on WhatsApp using the 360dialog provider. To set up the template message, go to Broadcast and select Message Templates.
As a bot builder, you can configure the following in the template message field:
Template name: Choose a suitable and relevant title for your template message, using only lowercase alphanumeric characters [a-z,0-9] and underscores (_).
Category: Select the template category from the dropdown menu based on your use case, such as Account update, Alert update, Appointment update, Auto reply, One-time password, and more.
Languages: Choose the language from the available dropdown list.
Targeted Channels: By default, the selected channel is WhatsApp.
You have two options for the template type:
2. Media & Interactive: This template provides options for the Header type, Body text, and Footer.
- Header Type: Choose the header category from the dropdown menu, such as Text, Document, Image, or Video, based on your use case. The header will be displayed at the top section of your template message.
- Body Text: Add the most important content of your message here, and you can use emojis to make it more engaging.
- Footer: Include any necessary final information or crucial details for the customer in this section. The footer will appear at the bottom of your template message.
- Add button: You can add quick reply and call-to-action buttons, such as URL and Phone Number, using this option. Specify a name for each button in the button label section. You can add multiple buttons to the template message, up to a maximum of 3 buttons. Note that all buttons need to be of the same type.
While creating the template message, you can click the “Show Preview” button for each section to see how the template message will appear. Once you’ve created the template, you can send an approval request. WhatsApp will review it, and the approval status will be displayed as either rejected or approved in the message template tab. You can view the reason for rejection by clicking the info icon (‘i’). If needed, you can delete rejected or unnecessary template messages, which will also remove them from your Floatchat account.